Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Rabbit  (Read 16448 times)
jomama
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 03:31:41 pm »

I really like him (or is it a her?)!!!  What kind of eyes are you going to put on?  That will really be fun to see!!  Are you going to make it a full body puppet and use it for a new partner for your ventriloquism?

This one will not be a full body puppet as I don't have enough fur left to make legs. I will probably make another rabbit with some modifications to the head and body shape and make that one full body.

(At this point)The eyes are black ovals with white highlights.  I made them by cutting ovals from Sintra, coloring them with Sharpie and spraying them with clear coat.

I will be attaching the arms with smaller doll joints as I think it gives a more finished look to the puppet.

What do you think about putting some cuffs on his wrists. They would be a longish white fur. I'm considering adding the same fur as eyebrows.
I'll cut some strips and pin them in place to see how it looks.

Sue
LJ
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 08:53:11 pm »

Cuffs would be a lot of fun!! Go for it!
jomama
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 09:03:28 pm »

I finished the rabbit!  I added cuffs and eyebrows and a foam insert in his body to give him shape.

I used doll joints to attach his arms. TIP: When using doll joints glue the clip washer to the arm and put the post portion into the arm from the inside of the body. That way there is nothing poking into the body of the puppet. Does that make sense?

Without further ado I intoduce to you Mr. East R. Bunny!

StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 09:53:03 pm »

Great colour and fun to look at, the eyes really add character, thanks for sharing the progress on this project and taught many on how to attach big floppy ears to a puppet securely. spin

Daryl H
Jon
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 04:20:46 am »

wonderful Job.  I love the eyes they really finish off the look of your rabbit.  Thanks for sharing how you attached the ears and arms.   This has beeen very helpful to me.
LJ
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 04:02:55 pm »

I agree - he looks SUPERB!!  I love the eyes and the cuffs!  Cute name too!  You will have to video tape him doing a short skit!!
Angel
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 04:26:55 pm »

Love him, he's so cute!! Isn't it amazing just when you think your puppet isn't turning out the way you want then BAM! Oh, sorry I just finished watching Emril Embarrassed. He's adorable. Thanks for the tip on the doll joints and the ears I will be adding them to my "Tips & Tricks" book. 

Angel
puck
No Avatar
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 06:14:08 pm »

looks good!
what are the eyes made of?
Rcdspoon
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 06:31:31 pm »

what a wicked cutie!!!! spoon likes!!! SmileySmileySmileySmiley
LJ
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 07:40:00 am »

Okay, the answer to this is probably someplace in the forum but I don't want to hunt so I will just ask again.  What is Sintra?  You said that is what you used to make your eyes.  What kind of clear coat did you put on them?  Also, as I was going through my puppet stuff I ran across some whiskers, made me think, have you thought of adding a few whiskers?  He is already awesome, but a few whiskers might be cute!
jomama
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 09:12:32 pm »

Sintra is flat pvc that is used by sign shops. It comes in various thicknesses and I prefer the thinner stuff to work with. The clear coat I got from the paint dept. at Walmart and is in a spray can. I thought about whskers but didn't know exactly what to use and thought they might not show up anyway so didn't put them on. What are the whiskers made from etc.
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 09:31:43 pm »

You can use wedwacker string.  I am sorry.....I don't know the technical name, but the plastic wire stuff that you use to cut weeds.  You can get it in different colours and thicknesses.  You can then take it to the next and use wire covering and heat shrink it around the plastic cord if you want it to be black in colour which would help it show up better without standing out to much.

Hope this helps.....

Daryl H
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up