Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Detroit Regional is Coming  (Read 14796 times)
puppetlady
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 08:06:07 pm »

Sue:

Elisha (Sue's daughter) did great on the lip sync.  I was cheering for her.  Her characterization of her frog Ricky is really good.  It was a joy to see her ablib with you in your class with her Ricky puppet.  He's a very likeable character and so ADORABLE!

It was fun to meet Sue at the festival. CVZ I'm sorry I missed you.  Sounds like you were there too!

My son Peter (age 10) had a BLAST!  The little turtle balloon that Sue made for him is a cherished keepsake along with a finger puppet, Larry, who makes a regular appearance around the house with my daughter's favorite hand puppet, Ruffles.  My kids are slowly getting bit by the puppet bug.

I'm hoping Sue posts photos of her new bunraku puppet here.  He was well performed in their performance and combined the legs that Sue posted earlier with the head made using Dr. Puppet's techniques.

Pam
LJ
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 07:56:59 am »

Glad the festival went well!!  I would love to see the video of the bunraku puppet in action!!!  Makes me excited for the regional spring festival that we always attend.
miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 08:03:43 am »

nice! Would be good that such a festival be here in NY! Nice. Good for you.
Hopping a lot pipcs from you (Of course being at the festival).

Miguel!
cvzdesign
No Avatar
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 08:45:46 am »

I was there for Saturday only, so I didn't get to see the song competition.

The puppet she had was an orange boy with no nose and multicolored hair.
I looked as close up as I could get, and it was definitely yarn, but it was very very fluffy and light and thick.

I loved the style and wanted to figure out how to do it.
I wish I had taken pictures now.
miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 10:01:16 am »

hopefully we'll get the pics of that momment here!

Miguel!
jomama
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 10:34:44 am »

I'll call Vicki to find out what puppet she used and about the hair. I've gotten a couple of different descriptions of the puppet and now I'm totally confused about which one she used. I'll find out about it though.

As far as pictures go, I didn't take any photos because I was primarily teaching. My hubby did video the second half of the song competition and maybe I can get some photos to post from that. I'll get our song posted soon. Since all four of us were on stage we had to depend on someone else to tape the performance and it was all done wide angle from the back of the auditorium. I'll have to see if I can bring it closer so you can see the puppet in action better.

Sue

miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 11:14:31 am »

Nice!
jomama
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 05:48:59 pm »

Video of our performance. Not very good quality at all, I'm sad.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?s1zIo0EF3ws" target="youtube">YouTube Video</a>
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 05:56:45 pm »

Very beautifully done Sue.......................... excellent performance. It was Blacklight was it not. I could not tell................. I was so into that stage set................. It looked great.

Billy D.
Jon
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 07:13:51 pm »

Sue, you guys did a great job.  I used to live in the detroit area and wish I could have made the trip out from here in mass to attend.  Who knows maybe one of these time I'll be able to make the trip.  thanks for sharing.
miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 07:47:37 pm »

Wao, that is a nice presentation!
You guys did an excellnt job.
Congratultion!
I like it a lot
Miguel!
jomama
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 09:27:35 pm »

Actually our presentation was not in blacklight. We wanted to show how the puppet was manipulated and thought the best way would be to do it in regular light.
tsu
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 06:27:14 am »

that was great; I love the moments when puppet kneels.
what a pity there were no close-ups......
miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 06:41:07 am »

Yes, nice if the camera could take the scene closeup!

And watch such a beautiful, well done spectacle!

Miguel!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up