Puppets and Stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Full Body Jointed Puppet  (Read 9336 times)
jomama
« on: October 25, 2008, 08:51:01 pm »

I've gotten started on my new project. I have the legs done except for the fabric cover. I have to design and build the hips/pelvis and then the torso. After that comes the arms, then the head and putting it all together. I'm trying to make this as light weight as possible.
I have a sub gallery dedicated to this project. The legs are pretty cool, they stand on their own.
Leg_9

The puppet should be around four feet tall when finished and I'm getting excited that it is coming together.

Sue
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 06:10:43 am »

Pretty neat Sue................. Will the puppeteer be able to make the puppet walk around. Can't wait to see it finished.

Billy D.
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:27:22 am »

Nice design!  I assume that the string at the back of the knee is to keep it from bending the wrong way.  Is that correct? 

P.S.  If you can find the time it would be great if you could add a description to each of you images in the Gallery with info like the above I have asked about.
LJ
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 11:14:09 am »

That is WAY COOL!!!  Can't wait to see the completed project!! spin
jomama
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 01:13:37 pm »

Nice design!  I assume that the string at the back of the knee is to keep it from bending the wrong way.  Is that correct? 

P.S.  If you can find the time it would be great if you could add a description to each of you images in the Gallery with info like the above I have asked about.

Yes the string is to keep the leg from bending the wrong way.
I will be going back to the gallery to add descriptions, I didn't have time last night to do that, but will get it done.

Billy, this particular puppet will be used with two puppeteers, bunraku style.  If necessary one puppeteer could make it walk.

StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 03:01:20 pm »

What a great start the looks look very professionally made.

Can't wait the see the end result.

Daryl H
jomama
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:35:59 pm »

I've gotten some more done on my puppet. I need to cover the body and legs with fabric and stuff and attach the arms. Then add the head and the puppet will be done. We'll be practicing with it this weekend, so maybe I'll get some video of it in action.
HPIM3368.JPG HPIM3369.JPG
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 10:35:58 pm »

That's a really awesome puppet. I can't wait to see more of what you do with it; I'm currently brainstorming ideas for a tutorial on a Western (ie. tabletop puppet) version of a bunraku puppet and you're doing something similar to what I'd like to try.
johian
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 11:42:43 pm »

Great job Sue!

Hope to see more of it very soon.

Johian
miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 07:03:27 am »

Wao!, Is nice work!

Hoping see the final product soon!

Miguel!
LJ
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 07:23:58 am »

WOW!! Can't wait to see the finished project - are you going to show him with the puppeteers so we can see how he works?  Please!!
jomama
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 09:05:00 am »

WOW!! Can't wait to see the finished project - are you going to show him with the puppeteers so we can see how he works?  Please!!
That's the plan, to video him in action. This weekend is going to be busy. My daughter is coming home to practice for the competition in Detroit on the 14th. This will be the only real practice they will have with the puppet. Both of them have worked similar puppets in the past and they are very good puppeteers, so I expect them to work out the kinks. I think the hardest part will be them deciding exactly what the puppet should do and when.

Like I said, I'll try to video him in action and get something posted. I'll have to see if someone can video the song at the Detroit regional for us. My hubby and I will be doing props, so obviously we can't do it ourselves.

Sue
Jon
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 11:53:32 am »

Wow, Sue.  You're doing a great job putting him together.  How many performers do you plan to use to animate him?
jomama
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 12:08:18 pm »

For this particular song only two. It is possible for future things we may use more. The song we are doing doesn't have a lot of walking around in it, so two should be able to operate him for our purposes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up