Puppets and Stuff

At the end of the year 2019 Puppets and Stuff well be migrating to a new server and system. Please see migration info for important details.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Puppet Mayhem!  (Read 3242 times)
puppetfreak
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:21:34 pm »

So for Project Puppet's new Contest I made an Alien puppet named Obey. I took him to school and everyone loved him!!! My 9th grade teacher asked me to make one for his 2 year old grandaughter and asked how much I should charge. I offered $25 for materials and he agreed but my another teacher who was there is told him to give me atleast $30 for labor. I asked for what color and he said lavender. I went to my aunts house to day and my cousins want one each! and My older cousin wants to take Obey for her child development class tomorrow. I said no and now she also wants me to build her one. I want to but how do I price my cousins and Not sure what to do. And it took me forever and no sleep for my one Obey! All I know is that I'm making a new puppet for last year's teacher and it's Lavender. Updates to come!
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 06:27:09 pm »

Congratulations! You should be very proud that your work is so admired that people want you to make some puppets for them!

You should do a search on this site for a thread 'how to price puppets' or something like that. There is a great file there that you can download and use: a puppet pricing calculator. There's also a lot of info on what you should charge.
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:56:35 pm »

I agree you should be flattered that everyone is admiring your work but don't sell yourself short your hard work is worth something.
Here is a thread I started a ways back about fair pricing
http://puppetsandstuff.com/community/index.php/topic,846.msg5018.html#msg5018

Billy D.
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 01:10:51 pm »

Congrats on your work and admiration from others.  It looks like both Na and Billy have directed you to a great resource to guide you.  Best of luck and try to pop up some pictures of the puppet for us all to see.

Thanks
Daryl H
Pages: [1]   Go Up