Puppets and Stuff
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Dutch Puppet newest puppets!  (Read 11790 times)
dutch puppet
« on: November 01, 2008, 12:51:21 pm »

Hi there,

I would like to show you my newest puppet called Annabelle. She is a very smart girl. Recently changed here baby teeth for adult ones. So I think she is about 7 years old...

This time I tried the Brazil Pattern with a cover made of beautiful synthetic stretch material. The cover went well but I struggled with the mouth this time...

Next time (maybe tomorrow) I'll try the other pattern from Nice Braga, the muppetkind fantoche...
IMG_3635

IMG_3636

IMG_3652

IMG_3647
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 12:53:47 pm »

I like those teeth they make me laugh each time I look at her. Smiley

Thanks for sharing and hope the next one goes easier for you.

Daryl H
Wisers Mom
No Avatar
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 12:55:13 pm »

Very charming.A truly nice job.
Brenda
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 02:46:08 pm »

Nice job..............  Undecided reminds me of a girlfriend I had in the sixth grade.

Billy D.
tsu
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 03:43:30 pm »

Had she teeth like those ones...........?
:D
stonemask
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 05:08:02 pm »

Hehe she makes me laugh. Im trying out this pattern. I have little problem with the mouth. It´s like the glue wont stick with the mouthplate and the foam. Im will figure that out.
miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 06:15:02 pm »

Is a hard pattern. Congratulation, you can improve with it, and take out such a nice product!

Miguel!
dutch puppet
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 07:59:10 am »

Hehe she makes me laugh. Im trying out this pattern. I have little problem with the mouth. It´s like the glue wont stick with the mouthplate and the foam. Im will figure that out.

Hi There Stonemask wave,

Strange thing... the mouthplate of the grandpa (my first puppet, check my gallery) went very well. But this time I had the same problem. Maybe it is because I tried to change the pattern so the mouth could close easier... But I think that is an utopia... (because of the one piece head construction). Last night I made a puppet like the fantoche (muppet), unfortunately I had to stop because I didn't have any eyes left...
IMG_3658
That one closes much easier. Since I am waiting for the famous Foam Book to come, I have to work with these free patterns.

stonemask
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 09:16:31 am »

Is that muppet from Brasil puppets too? I did the other one last night also. And I almost finished it this morgning. The hands are not done. Here is it in progress. It´s a girl. My older daughter was complaining about that, I didnt do any girls. She didnt want the puppet with nose. So I didnt put a nose on it. My daughter is now thinking about what kind of dress she will wearing.

I see that you are dutch. Im in Iceland. And I work with a guy from Netherland/Holland. I like the grandpa puppet! He´s cool! Next Im going to try to glue the mouthplate again and try to finish this kind of puppet. What kind of material did you cover this girl with?
stonemask
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 09:24:14 am »

I forgot to put it here!
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 10:53:55 am »

Look at all the making of puppets this is great it is nice to see such great work.......and all the enthusiasm that comes with it. Wink

Keep sharing with us.....we love it.

Daryl H
dutch puppet
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 11:21:03 am »

Hi there Stonemask,

You're right I'm from Holland. I've noticed that puppet building is not well known here in Holland. I hope to change that soon! I'm curious who your working with in Holland... 

I don't know if that puppetpattern (muppet) is owned by Nice Braga, but I've found the pattern on her blog, so I assumed...

BTW Nice eyelashes does your puppet have! Maybe an idea for the hair... instead of binding wool together, you can wind it on a carton board then carefully take it of lay it on a piece of stretch material then cover it wit plain paper and sew it with a sewing machine with a stretch-sew. After that carefully tear of the paper and you've got a nice wig! see my photographs:
IMG_3659

IMG_3660

IMG_3661

The fabric I used is a synthetic stretch. I've found it on sale. I was looking for fleece, but thin one is very hard to find here in the right colour and quality (thin one).

IMG_3658

Tomorrow I will buy new nice eyes... think this one is going to be a surfer dude...

Greetings from Holland Wink

Dutch Puppet

StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 12:36:50 pm »

Thanks for sharing your hair procedure it turned out really nice.

Daryl H
dutch puppet
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 12:32:42 pm »

Yes Puppet number three is almost finished!

I would like to introduce you all to Mike... he really likes to surf. And because of the fact that he lives in Amsterdam and the way he looks out of his eyes I guess he likes to smoke something too...

IMG_3668

IMG_3669
Greetings from Holland
Dutch Puppet
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:49:50 pm by dutch puppet »
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 03:19:49 pm »

Haha, the surfer/doped up look really comes out well in your puppet. He's great!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up