Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Mystery show from the 70s  (Read 19405 times)
Myoclonus
No Avatar
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 09:26:07 am »

I remember seeing this show many times when I was a youngster growing up in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! It was called "Arthur and Company," and it was  produced by WPLG Miami (channel 10 in the local area). It also aired on the Post-Newsweek owned stations during most of the 1970's. Unfortunately, no footage was officially archived. Hopefully, privately recorded footage may one day be discovered.
Rikka
No Avatar
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 12:49:15 am »

I was born in the 70's, but I doubt any show made it over the ocean- safe for sesame street, of course.
But I'd like to welcome you anyway!
Machete
No Avatar
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 07:27:54 pm »

I remember seeing this show many times when I was a youngster growing up in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! It was called "Arthur and Company," and it was  produced by WPLG Miami (channel 10 in the local area). It also aired on the Post-Newsweek owned stations during most of the 1970's. Unfortunately, no footage was officially archived. Hopefully, privately recorded footage may one day be discovered.

You're correct! And thank you, and finally someone uploaded on youtube a recording of a christmas special for the show. This is the only copy of these puppets to have surfaced to my knowledge. I forgot so many of the other characters. Jack Metzger (who I mistook for Skipper Chuck) is the host and appears @ around the 3:01 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXDBlZwsaxM
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:33:42 pm by Machete »
Chris Arveson
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 08:51:39 pm »

Thank you for posting this video. This show was not a blast from my past, since I grew up in the opposite corner of the U.X in the Seattle area, but it was still kind of nostalgic, seeing the cigarette machine prop around the 5:15 mark. How times change!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up