Puppets and Stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Wild and Wonderful Fleece Animals: With Full-Size Patterns for 20 Cuddly Critter  (Read 11188 times)
Billy D. Fuller
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:55:07 am »

Wild and Wonderful Fleece Animals: With Full-Size Patterns for 20 Cuddly Critters (Hardcover)

Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 10:28:45 am »

I just received this book today. It is a spiral hard back book, it has lots of pictures, diagrams and comes with patterns. Being a visual type person it really helps to see things before I can imagine where to go with a animal shape for a puppet. Although this books is for making stuffed animals seeing the basic shapes of each of them gives one a jump start into designing a puppet pattern.

Billy d.
Chris Arveson
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:06:45 pm »

I also just received my book. It was more than I expected Smiley I'm jumping into it by making one of the dolls, as a doll, which I'll give to a friend for her baby. That way I get used to their patterns and procedures, so that a little later I can try doing some adaptation.
Chris Arveson
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 03:27:13 pm »

Here's a little duckling I made today from the "Wild and Wonderful" book.

ducky

It was very easy to make, all of the patterns seem well designed and easy to use. The next step on this one is to enlarge it, use more "adult" colored fabric and design some legs that could waddle along. Rather than a hand puppet, I suspect I will put this on a stick with a control to move the legs. (As soon as I figure out how to do that!) Wink
miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:10:14 pm »

I like it. Good job, Chris  thumbsup
Bhanu
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 09:49:01 pm »

Wonderful application of converting the dolls pattern
for puppets.

Enjoy puppeteering!!!

spin
Bhanu
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 01:05:06 am »

For the legs to walk you can put a flat board attached to the bottom of the feet with the pole (holding the ducks body) running through the flat piece.  With your hands you can move the board back and forth and make the duck walk (waddle).  Hope this makes sense.....if not let me know and I will try to explain it better.....BTW very cute ducky.

Daryl H
gompie
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 04:07:22 am »

I like the Duck little wings.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 10:07:36 pm »

Would this be a good book for making giant soft toys with - if you enlarged the patterns?
Chris Arveson
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 04:13:45 am »

Hi Na!

I think it would be great. I'm planning to enlarge a couple of the patterns, and then do some adaptation in order to make them into puppets.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 11:39:23 pm »

Thanks Chris; I may have to buy a book soon about making soft toys, as I'm having trouble finding the actual toy that I need. The book looks like what I need to do it.
gompie
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 12:38:32 am »

Would this be a good book for making giant soft toys with - if you enlarged the patterns?

I think that you can use it. I just received the book.
Pages: [1]   Go Up