Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
"small mouth" puppet head - help  (Read 16582 times)
tsu
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 05:22:01 am »

oh yeah. :D
I'll write to them.

Thx Daryl. Smiley
DansPuppets
No Avatar
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 11:22:34 am »

The actual pattern isnt on a DVD though is it? I thought they were pre-cut pieces?

Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 03:31:53 pm »

once I was thinking about buying those patterns but they're not in DVD format unfortunately (I haven't any VHS player).

But thanks anyway.

I had the VHS transferred to DVD....................... If anyone plans to try and get the patterns from the DVD. They were very clever in filming the video and used different angles to keep that from happening. Video is only good when used with a kit.
Just a note for those interested

Billy D.
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:27 pm »

I second that on what Billy said.....however the DVD has many great hints on making professional puppets with foam and fleece.

Daryl H
petriknz
No Avatar
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 01:40:52 am »

And in 2017 none of that is to be found anymore. :-(
pagestep007
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 06:22:52 am »

A retro thread Smiley... Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew is till there and spikes head too. Are you wanting to make a small mouth puppet?  It is as Shawn says, start with your mouth piece, or go with a Plasticine model/masking tape design process. The important thing is to have a seam from the corners of the mouth, joining face to chin pieces, and then sewing mouth cloth into the resulting mouth hole.The rest of the form can then go from there. If the mouth is flush with the face like Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew, you will need to reduce the foam thicknesses around the mouth so the foams compress better when opening the mouth, if the mouth extrudes, you will have a more comfortable hand positioning inside the puppet.
pagestep007
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 06:54:43 am »

Just an added note...Shawn does a sterling job of keeping things orderly behind the scenes. But some threads do age and links come and go. It is good when people like yourself read through an old thread and do a summary post.That saves shawn a lot of time and helps the rest of us, as well as yourself. What you can do is write a summary of what you have read and collect all the links you have found still work, and list them all in the same post. This way a new user will open on the last post and get your summary, and it will stimulate new discussion and help. There may even be new and better links that people have come across but have not posted yet. And the info you are looking for, if you still can't find it, just ask. We generally love to help.
petriknz
No Avatar
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 01:32:47 pm »

Just an added note...Shawn does a sterling job of keeping things orderly behind the scenes. But some threads do age and links come and go. It is good when people like yourself read through an old thread and do a summary post.That saves shawn a lot of time and helps the rest of us, as well as yourself. What you can do is write a summary of what you have read and collect all the links you have found still work, and list them all in the same post. This way a new user will open on the last post and get your summary, and it will stimulate new discussion and help. There may even be new and better links that people have come across but have not posted yet. And the info you are looking for, if you still can't find it, just ask. We generally love to help.

Great idea Philip. And thanks for all the videos you have done. It's really helping my understanding. I'm working on an arts and crafts community and supplies website for New Zealanders and planning to introduce puppet making into our mix. Hence my researching. I'll start collecting some working links and get a post up later this week. Yours will be in the mix.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up