Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
The Foam Book  (Read 9330 times)
gompie
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 06:44:21 am »

A Wonder is happened today. I just received the foambook dvd. I can't wait to watch it.....
Lucky me I am cleaning the attick and there  is a telly and dvd player. Maybe I'm going to do both ....(hopefully)
It seems to be the first one who is send to me maybe he rowed over or because of the very windy day here it had a very hard push here to the Netherlands. So I have to email Megan again because of the fact that I probally get two...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:50:34 am by gompie »
Angel in Tx
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 06:46:19 am »

You will have so much fun watching that today!
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 07:54:33 am »

Congrats!  Happy watching! Smiley
Sonny
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »

It was my first steps in learning how to form foam. Youre on your way Smiley
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 02:00:49 pm »

I'm glad you finally got it....................... Not sure why DVD's take longer to go thur customs. I think it has something to do with Piracy laws. They have to make sure the DVD copy is authentic. You will really enjoy it.

Billy D.
gompie
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 12:49:15 am »

Yesterdayevening I watch it while I was cleaning up all my stuff in the attick. A few boxes more filled. But the DVD is great a lot of simple creative solutions for things. Now I saw what things are for example the material he use for the mouthplate, foamcore if I remember wright. Only thing I don't like is the fact that I can only watch and don't try it. I have to wait after we moved....
But this weekend we have a holydayhome for the easterweekend I'm taking a puppet with me, project puppet pattern, so I have plenty of time to make it. ( I hope, you never know with kids around).
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 04:24:27 pm »

Foamcore is a cheap quick solution but never ideal....the sweat of your hand breaks the mouth plate in no time then the puppet is practically garbage  it is really hard to repair puppets when the mouth plate goes.  The best materials are plastic, gasket rubber or leather.  One easy to find material is the thin plastic cutting boards.  You can cut them with scissors and pretty cheap you could probably get two pairs of mouth plates out of 1 board. 

Just suggesting so you are not disappointed in the end....

Daryl H
miguel
No Avatar
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 07:14:46 am »

Daryl is right. I guess the worse part of the puppet(If not the only one and almost impossible) to fix is the mouth plate!
So, its better to use a good durable material for it
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up