Puppets and Stuff
Linked Events
  • National Lost Sock Day: May 09, 2010
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
National Lost Sock Day May 9th  (Read 15108 times)
Billy D. Fuller
« on: March 06, 2010, 05:23:11 am »

I thought this was a hoot! I was just wondering if there could possibly be a day set a side for all those poor ole lost socks. Sure enough just Google "National Lost Sock Day" as many other unusual holidays that month. So lets celebrate by turning the other sock that is left into a sock puppet. Wonder if there is national sock puppet day. LOL
http://www.wkyc.com/news/watercooler/watercooler_article.aspx?storyid=88166

Billy D.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:26:06 pm by Shawn Sorrell, Reason: Added to Calendar »
April Dawne
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 11:07:42 am »

Hahaha this goes perfectly with my signature! Let's do it! Everyone make a puppet with a leftover sock and post the pics!

~Nate
gompie
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 01:39:06 pm »

Hahaha this goes perfectly with my signature! Let's do it! Everyone make a puppet with a leftover sock and post the pics!

~Nate

I think I have to look for a few lost socks here otherwise I have to make about twenty sockpuppets. Kids are champions in loosing the second half of their sock pair. But the idea is great.
But I think I can't join you because around that date we are going to move to out new home. Pity..............
Chris Arveson
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 05:03:44 pm »

I hereby pledge to make a lost sock puppet to display on May 9. However, the workings of your mind fascinate me, Billy. It would never have occurred to me to see if lost socks have their own day. spin
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 06:27:06 pm »

Well I added this date to the Calendar and this thread is now linked to it.  Let's see how many show back up on May 9th to post the pictures of their Lost Sock Puppets! Smiley
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 06:42:01 pm »

I'm making one to............... Got plenty of time as well.

Billy D.
April Dawne
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 12:47:05 am »

I'll definitely make one too! :D I'm always losing socks (I think the dryer lint is actually a sock that got chewed up)

~Nate
Puppets Review
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 06:05:27 pm »

May 9th deadline gives plenty of time. Count me in!
gompie
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 12:45:52 am »

I read the site of tje lost sock day again. I have to say but I love the next day too

Tell your children that May 10 is Clean Up Your Room Day.
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 08:55:50 am »

I'm done with my sock puppet.................. have a few things to tidy up with before taking photos. Will post in a couple of days.

Billy D.
Chris Arveson
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 10:42:30 am »

I'm done with my sock puppet..................

I still have to find my sock Smiley
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 10:55:27 am »

I have a drawer full of them............ Why I hang on to them I'll never know. I narrowed it down to buying socks in black, white and brown. I still have time to make another one before the May 9th deadline. This one was done in a hurry. I did stretch the sock a bit to the limit in the chin area and the foam is showing thru.However it is nothing a bit of black dye can't fix. He does have a wired tail that can rotate back and forth in a wagging position.

Billy D.

This is Phuwee Phi-ff, he lives in the land of Skunks ville and is there most valued skunk monkey. His job is to stand guard over all the the lost and dirty unmated socks. He loves liverwurst and mushroom sandwiches. He is still looking for that perfect mate.

troll 009

UPDATE: I decided that my sock puppet resembled a monkey more than a troll so he is now my first and only " Skunk Monkey "
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:10:45 pm by Billy D. Fuller »
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 08:11:04 pm »

My troll did start looking much like a monkey. Working with black socks does not give you much to work with. It was hard to bring out any features that would show up on camera. I did learn though............. that you can only stretch a sock so far.

Billy D.
Chris Arveson
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 08:15:58 pm »

How fun! Liverwurst and mushroom sandwiches? I'm assuming that's on seeded rye bread? spin
April Dawne
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 10:32:36 pm »

Wow what a great sock puppet! From the photo you can't even tell it was a sock! I haven't started mine yet, since it's not till May 9th. I am thinking however about what I might want to make Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up