Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
I-Fest  (Read 11299 times)
lovable puppet pals
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 07:23:18 am »

Hey Guys,
I saw a picture a long time ago featuring "hat" puppets.  The mouth was under the hat, and the eyes on the bill/brim.  Any ideas where I can find that pic again?  Maybe one of you made them...I'm really not sure!  
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:11:23 am by lovable puppet pals »
MsPuppet
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 11:04:00 am »

Bonnie Scott taught that class at I-Fest last year.  I did not take the class, but saw the puppets.  I could not find a picture on the OWS web site, but here is the description:

Hats identify the character. From playing dress-up as kids, we've learned the importance of hats to create the character of our imagination. What if the hat was the character? Choose a hat, any hat; add a blank puppet head with moving mouth (that you just made) shoved deep into the hat. Add some big eyeballs creatively placed on the front of the hat and a few embellishments and you've created a "Happy Hatter." In no time your "Happy Hatter" will be narrating stories, singing songs, and carrying the dialogue in a must-see skit. These easy to manipulate puppets will deliver the message. Price includes all supplies needed to complete two "Happy Hatters" (one in class and one at home).
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 11:41:40 am »

I have never seen these but would think it would be pretty simple to make or at least I think all it would take is making a mouth plate that was the shape of the brim/bill and gluing it to the underside of the brim/bill and the putting the eyes above the brim. Could be they where more involved then that.
lovable puppet pals
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 12:27:00 pm »

Thanks, Guys.
Yes, it will be very easy.  I just wanted a "refresher" of the originals to get my creative juices moving!  haha
They actually have some face and a chin too.  So, I think it best to make a somewhat round head shape, and simply put up into the hat.
Thanks again!  ;-)
lovable puppet pals
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 12:34:13 pm »

Hey, I found the picture!  Once I had the name of them...thanks MsPuppet!  ;-)
Happy Hatters puppets
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 06:13:04 am »

Those are really cute!  They are a bit more involved then I had described actually but still I think should be pretty easy.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up