Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Work in progress  (Read 19065 times)
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 07:59:08 am »

I was looking back at other post you made in this thread and see you asked about foam latex puppets.  You can mix pigments or even acrylic/latex paint with the latex you are making foam latex puppets out of.  Some folks even coat poly-foam with latex.

Poly-foam is what most puppeteers are used to using and is the same as what you see in pillows and cushions. Styro-foam is what you see as packing material either in peanut form or shaped forms to hold the product.  Just thought I should point out the difference. Smiley
whtrom
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 09:41:39 am »

I'm using polytek f5 expandable foam that required an actual mold so its a little different. I've use latex from places like monster makers. Is it the same stuff? Can you suggest a good paint-able latex rubber? maybe you know a website to purchase from?
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 02:36:05 pm »

I agree Sonny has the most experience with latex on foam......................... I just ordered two gallons of latex from FX Supply but have not used it yet. http://www.fxsupply.com/
whtrom
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 09:37:02 am »

Does anyone know what those tubes with the rods inside of them are called. You use them to move parts inside of a puppet. They have a tube with a round loop on the end and the inside part moves back and forth. I'd like to buy a sturdy flexible metal one but I don't know what they are call to search for them on google
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 10:44:21 am »

Sounds like cable-control to me. Some people use bicycle controls (like for brakes).
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 12:49:41 pm »

Na is correct they are cable controls.  They are also used in remote control plans and cars.  You can find them at hobby stores that cater to model builders often.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up