Puppets and Stuff

At the end of the year 2019 Puppets and Stuff well be migrating to a new server and system. Please see migration info for important details.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Sewing puppet hands  (Read 18684 times)
mindfulloffire
No Avatar
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »

i just made my first puppet the hands were the hardest part. they didnt come out great I kind of tried a variety of the suggestions here. machine most of it hand turning around the tips.  still a pain and still hands look a bit funky.
Steve
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 11:31:41 pm »

Hands are by far the part I have had the most sloppy errors. After trial and error for me it was best to cut first when hand sewing, and cut second when machine sewing. Lowering the puller thing on the bottom plate of the sewing machine is a great idea I never thought about that as an option I will have to figure out how to lower them that would make machine work a lot easier.
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 01:39:18 am »

Glad you liked the video there are many more on my YouTube if you want to check them out.  As well I usually sew then cut when I do hands I use the machine it comes out the most clean with a machine and is common practice in the field professionally.  Not saying everyone does it but way more use a machine to sew them.  I will do a video on it at least my way.

Daryl
Tallpaulmagic
No Avatar
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 04:01:25 pm »

Thanks for the tutorial Shawn.  I just started making puppets and don't know a thing about sewing.  This'll help a lot.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 04:31:36 am »

Wondering if we should pin some of the previous threads on this topic? Seems to be one that comes up regularly...
nall29
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 12:17:12 pm »

talking about wax for a moment. i used to do native american beading and i found the wax you use to bead with works well for sewing to. its bees wax and its wonderful! you can buy it in little cakes that cost anywhere from 1 to 2 dollars. 
          nall
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 02:31:12 pm »

Oh yes... waxing your thread (hmmm that sounds a bit odd) is a big help when hand sewing!
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 02:53:26 am »

To follow up on this I over looked the question "What does an embroidery Arm for sewing machine look like?"  Here is a picture in case people in the future find this chat and want to know.....Mine looks similar except it is a clear plastic oval part at the bottom.....
embrodiary

Daryl
Wheels47130
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »

As always, thanks for the help everyone!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up