Puppets and Stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Down
How to Teach Puppetry  (Read 2231 times)
Na
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:53:27 pm »

Well, I know it's been a long time coming, but here it is:

Are you a teacher lost in the world of puppetry? Whether you are new to the art form or are in need of a refresher course, How to Teach Puppetry is for you! This book can help you get more puppetry into your classroom. It shows you how to take a basic idea for a class and turn it into a lesson plan; with puppet theory explained and examples to get your imagination sparking.

Illustrations by our very own Beatriz!

Also, if anyone is interested in doing a video showing the puppets being used from the Example Lesson Plan (see below), please let me know. I have a spare copy of David Currell's Puppets and Puppet Theatre (and/or The Foam Book) that I'm happy to offer in exchange.

More info/pics, preview/obtain the book:
http://www.schoolofpuppetry.com.au/packs.php/how-to-teach-puppetry

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:43:58 am by Na »
LJ
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:50:03 am »

Got it ordered! Can't wait to read through!! Thanks! Smiley Smiley
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:58:26 am »

Congratulations on getting this done!
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:31:39 am »

Congratulations will order mine soon! Perhaps you can offer a affiliate program like Paul Louis does with his book! Then you can sell the book on others websites. just a thought!
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:49:52 pm »

Wow great job...congrats on doing this I wish you all the luck with cool adventure.

Daryl
Na
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 10:28:40 pm »

@LJ - thanks so much. You were my first customer! Do let me know if you have any feedback. I have been a bit behind and not replied to many of the people who read it the first time round, but am keen to know how the book shapes up since I edited it. There's been a *lot* of improvements.

@Billy  You're right, I should offer affiliate fees. To be honest, I've just been trying to have the book done; marketing has not been on my mind. I'm in the middle of a big change workwise and just haven't had the time to deal with 'aftermath' of publication.

If anyone wants to, do sign up with E-junkie and I will post more info about an affiliate scheme in a moment.

Thanks Shawn and Daryl! Encouragement here is often what keeps me going at the end of a long and frustrating day.
Na
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:41:22 pm »

If people would like to be affiliates, please use the link below. You get 10% of every sale via Paypal.

Happy also to provide a couple of free copies if people would like to do reviews.

https://www.e-junkie.com/affiliates/?cl=130589&ev=685f73fe00
Puppetainer
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 11:24:31 pm »

It all sounds awesome! I'll have to order a copy. I'm thinking my wife may be keen on it too since she taught for 13 years and is now the executive director of a daycare center. Also I'll be sure to offer it on my website if I ever get the darn thing up and running! Congrats on your accomplishment!
Pages: [1]   Go Up