Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Street Performing Puppets  (Read 13246 times)
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 08:29:30 am »

Hello Buppetpusker! (Man, say that three times fast) We seem to be attacting more Aussies all the time - whereabouts are you from? And do you have any vids? I'd love to see your act in ... action Smiley
Puppetainer
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 10:39:29 am »

Welcome Buppetpusker! Sounds like you've got quite an act indeed! I would love to see some video of your performances!
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 12:29:18 pm »

Thanks for the details!  I kind of had a feeling that is what you where talking about.
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »

As a busker I can't believe I hadn't noticed this thread previously. Good stuff, if different to what I do with puppets on the street.

Welcome to Puppets and stuff............. Sorry I missed your post.
Buppetpusker
No Avatar
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 04:53:51 am »

Hello Buppetpusker! (Man, say that three times fast) We seem to be attacting more Aussies all the time - whereabouts are you from? And do you have any vids? I'd love to see your act in ... action Smiley
Sadly I have no video, but I'm from Sydney and I perform generally at Darling Harbour, weather permitting. I also do some markets around the place and the subway tunnel at Central train station (playing the musical saw, not puppeteering). With a bit of luck I'll be down in Melbourne for a bit later this year, after I've finished my last year of school.
Puppetainer
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »

Well as much as I would LOVE to visit your beautiful country I rather doubt it's in the cards this year. Hopefully someone can catch a bit of your act and share it for us potential fans across the ocean.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 12:47:11 pm »

That's annoying! I won't be getting to Syd anytime soon, but if you do come down let me know. Any pics of the puppets in the meantime?
Lizzies Lair
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 01:18:12 am »

How did I miss a fellow Aussie? Welcome to the P&S hoard Buppetpusker! The Aussie contingents are certainly on the rise! Would love to see pics as Na said. How often do you perform? I get to Sydney a bit so would love to see your act and show some P&S love.  icon_lol
Puppetainer
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 01:09:19 pm »

And then Lizzie could take some video to share!
Rikka
No Avatar
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »

++ for puppetainer! Wink
Buppetpusker
No Avatar
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 11:03:13 pm »

How did I miss a fellow Aussie? Welcome to the P&S hoard Buppetpusker! The Aussie contingents are certainly on the rise! Would love to see pics as Na said. How often do you perform? I get to Sydney a bit so would love to see your act and show some P&S love.  icon_lol

I perform when school and weather permit me to, whereabouts are you located?
Lizzies Lair
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 12:55:34 am »

I perform when school and weather permit me to, whereabouts are you located?

Hey again. I'm in Coffs Harbour, so a few hours North of you. But I get to Sydney as often as I can. My brother is in Newtown so trips down to see him and catch some music keeps me sane!

I actually stayed in Darling Harbour a couple of months ago (this crazy old wool shed converted in to a motel!) and for the week I was there, didn't see a single busker. Twas very disappointing.
Buppetpusker
No Avatar
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 05:14:44 am »

Darling Harbour (And worse yet Circular Quay) is meant to be one of the hardest busking pitches worldwide to busk, so I guess it's a blessing that I've learnt/am learning the trade there. Buskers are a fickle lot, during the Adelaide or Edinburgh fringe festival, or anything else like that, most of the big names pack themselves up and head to where all the money is, doesn't matter where globally - chances are you came down during one of those off weeks. Send me a PM next time you're in Sydney and I can tell you if I'm busking/will be able to busk during that period - after November this year I'll be busking full time as my source of income, once year 12 is over.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 01:51:40 pm »

Do you ever come to Melbourne for the fringe?

PS Good luck for year 12! Lizzie and I are roughly 12 years out of school... I don't know about her, but I remember it being a busy and stressful time.
Lizzies Lair
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 12:21:47 am »

Will do Buppetpusker. Would be awesome to see! And yes, massive luck for all that lays ahead of you this year.

Oh my Na. Massive flash backs of those days now! At the time it seemed like the end of the world approaching and now it's simply a tiny dot on the timeline!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up