Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Puppet Hub will start charging a fee.  (Read 8428 times)
Rikka
No Avatar
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 12:43:54 pm »

Willkommen, Rumpelstilzchen!
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »

@Na -  The modify button/link is still there. It is in the upper right corner of each of your post. Ahh... wait a second. We are in the Announcement area right now and I think I may have permissions set up differently in here. I'll check that out.

Yeah I see it now - but it wasn't there before...
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 05:27:16 pm »

Ok here's the deal.... insasmuch as I'd like to support the site, I just don't ever visit it. Like, ever, really. (I see most of my puppetry pals on "the twitter" as the kids say) (Hi Naomi & Marc!)

Hi!! Fancy seeing you here Wink

I'm not signing up for the same reason. If I used it more I'd be inclined to pay the fee, even though I can't really afford it right now. The lifetime membership is tempting though...

For those who have not paid membership yet, can you see this page? http://www.puppethub.com/page/paid-access-info

It gives the details of things.  On it is an email address of admin(at)puppethub.com.  You should send an email to that address Stacey.  They should be able to go ahead and remove your account so you won't get any more emails. Make sure to give then all your details so they know what account it is. Smiley

I can't access the page. I just get a 'please pay' message. This is one of the things that bugs me about Ning. There's no explanation of why you need to pay or what the group is about or a teaser of content; just pay up or else. The RSS feed has always been a bit of a pain too, because it only shows you the original post of a topic, but none of the replies. So I can't even follow the discussion about the payments.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 04:04:59 pm »

I just visited Puppet Hub and can see everything again, without being logged in. When I did login, I was taken to a 'pay now' page.

Is this temporary or permanent?
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 07:43:14 am »

No that is how they intended for it to work. The public is still going to be able to see everything it is just if you want to post something yourself that you would have to log in and then of course pay if you have not already.  If you are like me then you had things set up to keep you logged into the site so when you visited it just automatically took you to the pay page.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 04:27:56 am »

Not quite - I have never had it set to log me in automatically and never had problems accessing the pages that I'd see from various google searches. Yesterday I happened to see a google result about something on Puppet Hub and wondered if I could access it. I clicked on it and found I could.

Maybe there was something amiss in my cache or with the site itself.
Dr Popet
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 06:01:54 pm »

it's a shame that I lost my account because I never paid Sad
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up