Puppets and Stuff

At the end of the year 2019 Puppets and Stuff well be migrating to a new server and system. Please see migration info for important details.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Webinars from the Center for Puppetry Arts  (Read 11094 times)
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 08:39:07 am »

No I don't think there is a fee for registration but the different presenters do often charge for viewing the webinars.

Looks like they take a percentage of what you charge. http://www.learnitlive.com/expert-center.php

At the bottom of the page under "Explore Learn It Live" is a link to launch a test classroom.  I think that shows you what you have available to you as an instructor.
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 09:02:26 am »

I did find this ............. I think you have to open a enterprise account but not for sure. it looks like it may be $99 a month with you charging  .25 to $25 for each viewer.

http://www.learnitlive.com/enterprise.php
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 09:04:52 am »

No I don't think there is a fee for registration but the different presenters do often charge for viewing the webinars.

Looks like they take a percentage of what you charge. http://www.learnitlive.com/expert-center.php

At the bottom of the page under "Explore Learn It Live" is a link to launch a test classroom.  I think that shows you what you have available to you as an instructor.

Ok now I am confused LOL.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 09:24:50 am »

Billy, the center has some free webinars to view if you use the laptop screen button on the webinar page. Maybe it's worth checking those out for testing purposes.
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 10:40:51 am »

Billy, the center has some free webinars to view if you use the laptop screen button on the webinar page. Maybe it's worth checking those out for testing purposes.

Yes I am trying them, I was just wondering how costly it would get to make your own videos. I guess it depends what you charge your viewers.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 11:04:41 am »

Yes I am trying them, I was just wondering how costly it would get to make your own videos. I guess it depends what you charge your viewers.

It also depends on what company you go with. I looked at this stuff briefly, and there are a lot of options. Some companies provide software (Adobe for example) which you can instal on your own site; others offer monthly fees which vary ($30 and upwards if I remember right). There are a couple free/trial ones out there, but from memory the pay-per-month ones had more options. Many of them include saving videos for future watching - online - as well as exporting to DVDs. If you want I can try and dig up the sites I looked at.

By the way, there are a lot of other features as well: email notifications for start of sessions; Q&A chat rooms; private chat; rehearsal 'rooms' so people can set up and test while not being public; uploads so you can share files; payment and/or registration systems; etc. There's actually a lot people could do with webinar technology that would be really useful for puppetry.
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 01:31:37 pm »

Na if I remember correctly wasn't this something you were trying to do a year or so ago correct me if I'm wrong.Yes I would like to know more about it not that I plan on using it. I just think it is nice to know in case folks ask.
Na
No Avatar
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 05:31:08 pm »

Na if I remember correctly wasn't this something you were trying to do a year or so ago correct me if I'm wrong.Yes I would like to know more about it not that I plan on using it. I just think it is nice to know in case folks ask.

Yes it was. I actually submitted a proposal to do a webinar at the summit I'm attending this weekend; it was rejected and so I put it on hold while I work on another submission.

I'm having trouble locating the file with my notes and I don't have time for a hunt for it, so I'll have to post it later this week.
StiqPuppet Productions
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 12:38:04 am »

I will look into it...seems very cool...thanks for sharing your find Shawn.

StiqPuppets
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up