Puppets and Stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Reverse Blacklight video from Dream Team  (Read 8517 times)
Gabriel G
« on: August 30, 2012, 02:04:51 pm »

Last month I had the awesome opportunity to be part of the Creative Ministry Dream Team for MAX, where we spent 3.5 days rehearsing a special finale performance for the conference.

I wanted to share this video of one of the songs we presented that used a technique called "reverse blacklight." Essentially it creates an effect similar to shadow puppetry. Powerful piece, hope you all enjoy it, whether it's from a spiritual or technical standpoint.
https://youtu.be/njJktsd0Ehc
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 02:58:49 pm »

Pretty cool effect. I assume it is obtained by putting a shape that is black in front of a surface that is blacklight reflective. I like how the half rounds where moved and manipulated. Kept things interesting for the eye. Was kind of wondering why the strip down the center was used then at the end realized why. Smiley
jeezbo
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »

This is very cool, i didnt get the scale of the shapes until i saw the people step infront of them and then i realised that they where pretty big.
i wish i could do more of this sort of thing, but i dont have the team at the moment and it makes me sad  Cry
but well done for such an awesome job, im officially jealous, but its great to see you giving glory to god in such creative ways!!
Billy D. Fuller
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 05:25:19 pm »

Wow! very impressive.
Gabriel G
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 08:54:57 pm »

Shawn: Yes exactly. The pieces of the sphere were just large pieces of foamboard covered with orange fleece.

Jeezbo: It's definitely not the same when you're watching it live vs. a video. I was one of those people that stood in front of the sphere, playing a pilgrim Smiley
But we all have seasons in life and that includes having a team. It can be sad but you don't need a team to be creative and glorify Him. :D

Billy: Wow is right!
Out of the Box Puppets
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »

Gabriel,
   Thanks for sharing.  Christy Watkins has such great ideas.

Julie
Snail
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 10:01:01 am »

Very interesting. Just when you thought there were no new ideas.
stevritt
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 03:48:39 pm »

That is simply amazing! I love it. Thank you for posting that.
Gabriel G
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 09:34:34 pm »

Julie: It's a pleasure, creativity is exciting and Christy is an exemplar.

Snail: Thanks!

Stev: No problem, glad you enjoyed it!
Wheels47130
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 10:56:32 pm »

That was really fun to watch. Thanks!
Andrew
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 11:03:57 pm »

Very interesting. Just when you thought there were no new ideas.
To be fair, this isn't actually a new idea at all...but I think it's very well done. I liked it a lot.
Shineministry
No Avatar
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 02:02:49 am »

Can anyone provide a list of the props used? Our puppet team is wanting to do it but Its hard to tell what part of the props are in the video... Thanks in advance
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 06:06:58 am »

I am not sure what you are asking for Shineministry.  Can you clarify? The props are all cut out shapes I assume of foam board or some other heavy material.
Gabriel G
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 09:35:13 pm »

Can anyone provide a list of the props used? Our puppet team is wanting to do it but Its hard to tell what part of the props are in the video... Thanks in advance

Hi Shineministry, below is a list of the different events we covered in the song. If you'd like to email me gabriel@cmtministries.org, I might have a copy of my lyric sheet with Christy's notes somewhere in my library that I could send you. I just don't have it on hand. And Shawn is right, the props are all cut out of foamboard.

Planets
Stars
Manger, Flame & Cross
The Fall of Rome
The Vikings
Protestant Reformation
The New World
Western Expansion
Civil War
Great Depression
World War II
Moon Landing
Internet Creation
9-11
World with Hands
Angels and Trumpets
Names of God (the Word, Lord, Shepherd, Alpha, Omega, etc.)
I AM
Pages: [1]   Go Up