Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Silicone skin puppets  (Read 13386 times)
The Puppet Workshop
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 07:11:34 pm »

In regards to using silicone for moulding silicone you can use a spray which stops the silicone from adhering to the cast silicone. This same method can be used to stop 2 part silicone moulds sticking to the other half. The product I use is made by stoner A324 and is a silicone/silicone release. There is also a silicone diluent you can use with most silicone (not sure with the cuaking silicone) that can be used in proportion of no more than 10% in order not to loose the silicon properties.
pagestep007
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 07:24:17 pm »

the dilutant....is it easy to come by? I know there are some really  great silicone products (check out  youtube brickintheyard vids) but we can't get them down here Sad
The Puppet Workshop
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 12:22:48 am »

the dilutant....is it easy to come by? I know there are some really  great silicone products (check out  youtube brickintheyard vids) but we can't get them down here Sad
I get all my silicone and pretty much all things I need for moulding and casting from http://www.amcsupplies.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23 they have this dilutant. There is an equivalent supplier in melb if that is closer to you. http://www.dalchem.com.au/ I have bought some items of these guys too. Not sure if they stock the dilutant though. Hope this helps you   Smiley
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 08:17:31 am »

Pretty cool head she made.  I think maybe your videos touch and help more folks then you ever hear about. Smiley
Snail
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 01:11:46 pm »

I was looking at what one diluent was made of, d-Limolene.  I belive this is the citrus flavoring in sprite, 7up type drinks, it is a flavoring.  I always look at the MSDS the Material Safety Data Sheets that give you lots of information about the chemicals and effects they might have on people and handling info. Sometimes in high concentration the warnings are scary but when it is a very dilute solution then it could be edible.  Like water, essential for life but too much of it and you drown. The MSDS for a product will tell you how concentrated the chemicals are.  Acetic acid in very dilute solution is vinegar but the concentrated form is a very strong acid you don't want to breath, think we used to dissolve bones with the concentrated stuff.  when in doubt use gloves.
CraftmamaNL
No Avatar
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 08:36:59 am »

Thank you for sharing your tutorials, i created my first foam puppet with your pattern video and created the skin in silicone caulk. Total cots, just 5 euro for the complete puppet!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

pagestep007
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 08:01:36 pm »

wow, that turned out  really well. Congratulations !
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 07:03:32 am »

Looks good CrafmamaNL!
CraftmamaNL
No Avatar
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 11:03:33 pm »

Thank you i am so happy with her! And the kids love her Smiley

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

pagestep007
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »

I thought I might show  the silicon skinning of a friend's dragon, to show that it can be done. :

http://youtu.be/hrSJ_K2kpUQ
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up