Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Eight Balls of Fur!  (Read 1368 times)
8BallsofFur
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 07:14:16 am »

Actually, you are right Shawn. I had almost forgot. Whoops. :P
Snail
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 01:29:40 pm »

I have a dancing christmas tree that moves with any music you play thru it. Not sure what part does that. Would like to know what works for the flashing lights.

I just learned how to Cast a video from my phone to new TV, we tested it with 8 Balls of Fur video. It was cool to see it on large screen.  I noticed that the piano divide was jagged not straight cut as I previously thought. Details...details.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 05:47:16 pm »

A dancing Xmas tree. Now there's something you don't see everyday.

Also, I noticed that about the piano too. So many details so little time. As for the glowing eight lights, I think I can make them digitally, it would be the easiest way.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2017, 06:06:52 am »

Hey guys, long time no see! Im almost done with the new music I'm recording for my Eight Balls of Fur project. If anybody wants a listen, just let me know and I'll put a link up here. I played all the instruments, piano, drums, guitar, bass, I'm just a terrible singer so I'll probably re-use the orginal vocals from the song.
Snail
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 02:14:58 pm »

I was wondering how you were getting on. You played all the instruments! Wow. I can't wait to see how it comes out.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 07:14:19 pm »

Yup, I just started getting curious about the song itself (not to mention its been stuck in my head for weeks now), and messed around on piano trying to play it. Then I figured I might as well go all the way and try making a cover version. Its alot of fun to play.
pagestep007
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2017, 07:50:21 am »

Wow, Doing the music is quite a task. I take my hat off to you. It would be nice to hear it if you had the link handy Smiley
8BallsofFur
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2017, 01:43:53 pm »

Thanks! It was some effort to work out the piano, but alot of fun. Honestly, the song might be more important than the puppets...well, almost. Call me crazy but I think I actually like the Eight Balls of Fur music more than the song its based on, Great Balls of Fire.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 08:58:08 am »

Here we go at last! The first demo for my Eight Balls of Fur cover. Its a fun, rockin song to play. I used the original vocals for this, but everything else is me. I got a little carried away while recording piano, I even tried to play with my back like Chrissy...it doesn't work at all. Let me know what you guys think of it, if there is anything I should change, etc. Thanks!

8 Balls of Fur Demo
pagestep007
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 12:28:22 pm »

Waaaaaaooooow !!!  You are SOOO good!  That is FANTASTIC.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 04:19:00 pm »

Waaaaaaooooow !!!  You are SOOO good!  That is FANTASTIC.

Hey, thank you!! Glad you liked it pagestep! I hope the drumming was okay. I'm always self-conscious about my drumming skills. Smiley
Snail
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2017, 10:25:13 pm »

I am not the best judge for sound tracks, I only have one ear works and it has high pitch hearing loss. I could not hear the vocals much but the music sounded great to me. I still can't believe you play so many instruments.
pagestep007
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2017, 06:47:19 am »

Snail, to my ear, the vocals were on the quieter side of 'fine'. I have a daughter like you 8ballsoffur. All my children play an instrument, but she plays flute, piano, piccolo, guitar, ukulele, and drums, composes and teaches, but finds it hard to find time to produce much. I know the dynamics of it, so that is why I am so impressed with your cover. Don't worry. The drumming was fine. I wondered if you used midi Smiley. If you could get onto original compositions with similar  'fun-ness'  you really should be approaching some of the bigger puppet companies like Sesame Street or The Henson Company for work. Good catchy songs are such a hard thing to  come by. I know you did not compose this song, but if you have the ability to deconstruct an existing one and reproduce it, you have the ability to do originals. Do have a go. You may be surprised. ( I'd employ you if I had any finance...and we work in Spanish) If you are Christian, and would like to contribute to  Spanish educational Puppet TV, on a volunteer basis, just let me know ! Keep up the good work Smiley
8BallsofFur
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2017, 07:09:40 am »

Thanks guys. I never thought I could do music, but who knows. Could be fun. Much like you pagestep, I have a kinda musical family. Had cousins in a metal band, and some of my great grandparents were Mexican ranchero singers, but we've always been around music. Its great for kids to grow up with music, and my hats off to your daughter, I cant play flutes at all!

As for the vocals, I think they do need to come up a bit, so I'll work on that. I really, really wish I could find someone to sing on it (I was thinking a female vocal would be cool), but alas...no luck.
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2017, 09:28:15 am »

I think you should try the vocals. You might be surprised! Smiley  Remember that a puppet voice does not have to be perfect. It is nice to have some character in a puppet voice.  Also there is always auto tune. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up