Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Eight Balls of Fur!  (Read 1365 times)
pagestep007
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2017, 07:24:33 pm »

Totally agree Shawn. The last couple songs I had a go at, I pitch shifted the music down, sang to the track for timing and tuning, then pitch shifted the vocal up to coordinate with the original music track. With puppets, people see the puppet, not the real owner of the voice, so it can be different quite a bit from the original, and  still be fine.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 08:30:12 am »

I think you guys are right, I might have a go at it. Well, better drum up my courage! If my vocals pan out, I will probably swap out the Chrissy puppet for another furry monster girl character I'm building (she's basically what I'd look like as a muppet, a sort of pet project) Smiley
Snail
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 02:29:05 pm »

Shawn is right, You might be able to do it. I understand that a recorded voice can be much different than what you hear with your ear. I don't recognize my recorded voice but then again I am deaf. Ask someone else's opinion of your recorded voice. Maybe you can mimic the original artist. There is plenty of cover in the backup music.  I am impressed with the layering of the tracks, the balance of the instruments, that is harder than most realize. 
8BallsofFur
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 07:14:53 am »

Well, I'm giving it a go. I've got to admit, puppeteering furballs is one thing, singing about furballs is...well, lets just hope the neighbors arent listening. Smiley
pagestep007
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 10:01:05 am »

Ha ha ha, yes  I  certainly cringed a LOT when I first  started recording  my voice. I am starting to get used to it now though. Let us know how you get on. Smiley
8BallsofFur
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 12:20:48 pm »

Hey guys, I'm working on vocals...not bad so far, I think I've got the hang of this. I did want to ask your opinions on the idea of changing a few lyrics to Eight Balls of Fur. Theres just a few that always kinda stuck out to me. In particular, I'm thinking of maybe changing out the following lines. Tell me what you think.

"they love to boogie even though theyre blue" - Either the furballs are depressed or all have blue fur, and neither makes sense.
"just as curvy as a drop of rain" - When I think of something curvy, raindrops dont come to mind.
"theyre made of fur, and not of wood" - Im fine with the made of fur part, but the line about wood kinda sticks out.
"grow some hair on a billard ball" - Ummm, you mean the balls you play pool with? Eh, no.
Snail
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 01:21:08 pm »

I agree those are stinkers, bet we can come up with something better if everyone puts their heads together.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 05:16:08 pm »

Snail, I'm glad you approve! I'll mess around with some new lyrics, just for fun.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2017, 07:30:50 am »

Well, I made some lyric changes, and....well, I'm pretty happy with them. I think this takes care of those lines I didnt like, and makes it a bit easier to sing.

Lyrics  <-click here
pagestep007
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2017, 05:28:32 pm »

Yep, you've got it. Now to sing it.
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 07:45:57 am »

The new lyrics look like a winner to me!
Snail
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 11:14:17 am »

Nice much better.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2017, 05:16:24 am »

Ok, here is a version of Eight Balls of Fur, with my vocals on it (and a few sound effects tests like the screaming audience and some piano destruction). Oh boy, how'd I get talked into this? Prepare yourself, I probably sound terrible. I'm short and my singing voice is naturally kinda high and soft, its almost like Kristin Chenowith crossed with Prairie Dawn. I hope its okay! I apologize in advance if I make your ears bleed. This mix is not volume masterd yet, so you might have to crank it a bit. Thank you for listening!

Eight Balls of Fur with Vocals
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2017, 07:36:05 am »

I think it is going to be just fine! Smiley  Balance wise  you need to bring the vocals out a bit more.  Might need to re-record them simply to get some clean up on the annunciation on some of your phrases.  Lose some of the lyrics at times, but that just may be because of the balance so if you bring them up some they may not need to be re-recorded. You don't sound terrible at all and I think your voice is going to add to the performance.  While yes this may be a recreation of an old Muppet segment, you have made it your own by using your own voice and instrumentation.  That is something to be proud of!
Snail
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2017, 11:18:15 am »

Your high voice sounds much more "puppet like" than the original. I like the tone.  I could not understand all the words as I'm sick today with fluid in my good ear. If you can make the vocals louder and enunciate more like Shawn said it would help.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up