Puppets and Stuff
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Eight Balls of Fur!  (Read 6434 times)
8BallsofFur
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2017, 12:08:51 pm »

Thanks for the feedback guys! The vocals will need some compression to get the volume more uniform. There are a few lines that I do want another crack at. I was kinda concerned about my high voice, but I agree it sounds like a puppet character voice, and not trying to do an imitation of Chris Cerf.

BTW, sorry to hear you are sick Snail! Hope you feel better soon!
pagestep007
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2018, 07:29:50 pm »

Snail... I know this thread is about 8 balls of fur, but somewhere in the thread boning was mentioned. I said I would do some experimenting. Well, I did a run of generic puppets in January 2018 and tried out various methods for using PVC strips as boning around the base of the body and  also the shoulders. It really gives a  lot of stiffness to the body where the foams collapse and goes  'flat' after a time of use or storage. I like the results  so far. It is light, cheap, and so far the open body gives a looser feel on  the arm when  manipulating the puppet. I will trial it with puppeteers, and also see how the long term-ness of it works out. The  shoulder 'ring' for a generic is a little overkill and not  that necessary, but the  bottom ring  is great. I will do a video tutorial  when I get around to it and also  see which of the methods of installation is best .
Snail
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2018, 10:06:34 pm »

Great news another great tutorial coming. I love your quest for perfection on a budget!
Kitty and the Questions
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2018, 08:58:13 am »

I love your song 8 balls of fur!  icon_lol
8BallsofFur
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2018, 05:00:42 pm »

Thanks Jessi! It was fun to do. I guess I'l post a little update since I have not been back to this thread for a while. I had to kinda stop production on my projects back in December. I got really busy with some personal business...and the holidays, family, the typical drill. Then, I got the flu, was hospitalized, and was out for a month. I'm finally back on my feet and have some time to work on the Eight Balls of Fur project again. As far as that project, I might have to rebuild the furballs. The puppets became kinda big and unwieldy to manipulate with the glove rods, so I might have to scale them back a bit. The big furballs are pretty cool, just not as puppets maybe.
Snail
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2018, 05:17:19 pm »

Sorry you were ill but glad you are well now. Sorry the furballs need reworking, that often happens, things are different when you start to actually use them. Perfection does not usually happen on first try.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2018, 08:23:06 am »

Hey guys! Hope youre all doing well! I finally had time to get back to working on the furballs, and I've got my first video test! So excited! It was crazy fun to do, and way different puppetry than I'm used to, especially with the green screen stuff. There are still alot of things to work out, like the glowing eights. I might do those differently. The stage needs to look more uniform, and Ill need a light coming from the front to get rid of shadows on the legs of the furballs. Overall tho, not bad. Now there is no cutting over to Chrissy and the piano in this clip, so its all the furballs dancing. I had some fun trying to do different dance moves for them!

This first test has only furballs five, six, seven, and eight. Next test will have everybody. I'm just waiting on some new fur to make em with. These gals (I dont know why but I always thought the balls of fur were girls, like they remind me a bit of like 60's era go-go dancers in a way)are covered in faux fur fabric. I was trying the yarn weft, and while I did love it the furballs kept getting bigger and more awkward to manipulate because the fur on the wefts was so long and thick. I may do a test with the ones I made, but I'm happy with these. They are still so furry and cute!Hope you like and make suggestions to me too!

https://youtu.be/h2nnV7CjydE

BTW, sorry I had to just put a link up. I cant seem to embed anything.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:05:53 pm by 8BallsofFur »
Puppet_Dude
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2018, 07:01:36 pm »

thumbsup  Bow Down  thewave
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2018, 07:04:46 am »

I think it turned out really well for your first test run. I would be interested in seeing the ones you made with the yarn weft. Good job!
Snail
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2018, 04:49:35 pm »

They look great, their legs are very good and the fur is nice and thick and jiggles nice.
8BallsofFur
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2018, 09:49:13 pm »

Thanks guys! I'm happy with how they turned out. It took a little time to track down the right fur I liked, but I found some nice thick, fluffy stuff that works good. Ill do a run using the furballs made with the sects soon. Ill probably make new ones, smaller furballs so I can reuse the legs. Thank you again and if you want give me your opinion on the glowing eights, if you think I should change them.
Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2018, 06:16:22 am »

I thought the glowing eights where fine. What is it you didn't like about them?
8BallsofFur
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2018, 08:01:33 am »

I thought the glowing eights where fine. What is it you didn't like about them?

I do like these eight, but I thinking of something less like a neon tube light and more solid in color. I dunno. Well see.
Snail
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2018, 11:00:08 pm »

I liked the 8s like you have them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up