Puppets and Stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Down
What Style is this?  (Read 1416 times)
« on: January 23, 2018, 12:01:39 am »

I was wondering if their was a name for this particular style of puppet head making. I have been calling it a foam fold over method, but surely there is a real name out there.

Shawn Sorrell
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 06:38:14 am »

This design and pattern was originally used for the puppet in Nunsense which is a musical.  Later it became popular with builders down in Brazil and many of them have released it as their own pattern.  Grey Seal Puppets termed a phrase "Nip and Tuck" for this type of construction where you take a full sheet of foam and a simple shape then start creating the puppet from there by cutting away bits of foam or folding them and gluing them.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:25:51 pm »

thanks, that explains why I am having such a hard time finding anything on it in english. I recently used this technique and it is so simple I thought about doing a video in English on how to create it.
Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Copyright © 2000-2019 Puppets And Stuff, All Rights Reserved

Privacy Policy - Terms of Service

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 24 queries.

Puppets and Stuff