Hello, I am a new member to puppetsandstuff and I have a million questions, but to keep it short. You can find out more about me under members. I hope to hear from you.
Comments
By Shawn on Jan 8, 2021, 12:29 PM
Welcome Cricket!
It has been a bit quite around her of late.  I am very pleased you decided to join us. 

So you used to be a clown... did you use puppets when you where clowning? 

Looking forward to hearing your questions. 
By Cricket on Jan 10, 2021, 2:22 PM
Hi Shawn,
yes I used many hand puppets.  A couple I converted from a stuffed animal. They came out well. I’m not a scary clown. The children always focused on the puppet. Just to give an idea of what I did with with the children, I have a very sweet looking alligator, it was converted from a stuffed animal. I got a lot of use out of this one.  I pretended it was very shy and I needed to call him out from my arm. I think I may have taught the children a little about. fear.

Any way, here I am going on again.

Now my question. I got a free pattern from Adam .....   It says fleece pattern. Do I cut the fabric from this pattern or the foam or both ? How do I stuff the head ?

Again, sorry for the long message. Just wanted you know how dedicated I’m going to be to puppetry. By the way, I won’t be selling them, or the knowledge I obtain. I plan to volunteer and pray that this pandemic will end.

God Bless you for all you do. I’m very grateful for how you get back to me so soon.

Cathy 
btw “Cricket “ is my alterego. My clown name

By Shawn on Jan 12, 2021, 6:59 AM
I haven't looked at Adams pattern for some time but I think it was designed to be cut from foam and then covered in fabric.  Would need to see the actual pattern to be sure. The foam is the "stuffing".
By Snail on Jan 21, 2021, 7:53 AM
Welcome Cricket, I'm Snail, another garden friend. Best wishes in your expanding puppet adventure, you have come to the right place for quality information.
By Cricket on Jan 21, 2021, 4:25 PM
Hello Snail,
Thank you for welcoming me! I have so many questions ! I'm so grateful to Shawn and how quickly he gets back to me.
I'm going to fix a puppet I really messed up on.  I down loaded a pattern from Adam it say's to cut the fleece form this pattern. Are the fleece and the foam the same pattern ? Can I make a head with 1/2'' foam ? I read some where to use this dimension.  O my, so many question ! Wish I could attend a physical class.  I will keep searching I the internet. 

By Shawn on Jan 22, 2021, 7:15 AM
1/2 inch foam is a bit thick to use for a puppet head.  Would  be better to go with something a bit thinner. 

No the patterns for the fabric and for the foam should be a bit different.  I would need to know what pattern you downloaded from Adam to know how to guide you better.  Could be it is a pattern for a puppet that does not use foam. If you can afford it you might want to try a pattern from https://www.projectpuppet.com/  It might help you understand the basics better.  They have three different series of patterns the Simple series can be made without a foam skull but some of them do include an optional pattern for a foam skull the Forma Series are foam puppets you can make and either leave as the raw foam or get an optional pattern to cover in fabric.  
By Cricket on Jan 30, 2021, 5:06 PM
Thanks again Shawn. You must be getting sick of me.  Would like to see you on YouTube when I can ask questions.
By Cricket on Jan 21, 2021, 4:27 PM
BTW- still not seeing other puppeteers comments or discussions. 
By Shawn on Jan 22, 2021, 7:16 AM
When you say you are not seeing other comments, what do you mean... can you not see this reply to your post?
By Cricket on Jan 30, 2021, 5:09 PM
Yes, I see yours, I would love to see what others are working on.  
By The Puppet Dude on Feb 5, 2021, 12:23 AM
Welcome. This group is great about answering questions, so ask away.
By Snail on Jul 14, 2021, 12:10 PM
So Cricket have you been able to make a puppet with a pattern yet?  I like the project puppet patterns Shawn recommended.  What kind of puppet do you want to make, people, animal, new creation? When I first started making puppets I could not find the "perfect" pattern but used things I liked from several different patterns together. The project puppet patterns are so much better than what I started with.  Where do you live? I am in Austin Texas and I have a drawer full of puppet patterns and I would love to teach someone else what I know before I get too old to remember how to make puppets. 
Discussion Started Jan 8, 2021 By
gpcp98e8c
Cricket
0 Badges